Bootcamp 3.2 update on Win7 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by h1r0ll3r, Nov 19, 2010.

1. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Just updated to 3.2 and now my trackpad won't work like it used to. I used to be able to tap with one finger and drag the cursor with the other to select multiple items, now it won't let me do this anymore. Was the update intended for some other Win OS or what?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. Mike225 macrumors 6502a

Mike225

Could some trackpad settings have been reset?

4. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Checked and rechecked. Still nothing new :(

Where would I change these (other than in the control panel)? Is there some other place I can change settings for the trackpad?

5. rymar macrumors newbie

You know, I'm having the same problems, here. Newest model i5 Macbook Pro. To elaborate, you used to be able to put one finger down on the trackpad, click, and then with your second finger, drag across the screen. Now, when you put your second finger down, it opens a context menu. Has been driving me nuts, I can't game anymore.

6. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

YES! That's exactly what I'm talking about. It's pissing me off now :mad: Any way to roll back to 3.1?

7. rymar macrumors newbie

I'm going to rollback my entire windows install using System Restore. Will report on my findings. So far it turns out that the update itself doesn't create a Restore Point, so it looks like I'll be going back to when I installed Paint.Net a few days ago... :(

EDIT: You know, I've already tried installing over Apple's update with the relevant Synaptics trackpad drivers, and it didn't seem to do anything. Was worth a try though... :D

8. rymar macrumors newbie

So System Restore (after failing miserably, details below) seems to have done the trick, my trackpad works fine, and now the Boot Camp Utility is restored to it's previous version.

My built-in System Restore utility failed horribly for some reason, I had to pop in my install disk and launch the utility there, but after the minor setback, it worked out quite well.

This seems a lazy way to do it, but it'll work for the layman until Apple gets its sh:eek:t together.

9. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Thanks for the update. I actually uninstalled the driver for the trackpad and restarted. Seems to have done the trick and my trackpad works just like before.

Way to eff up Apple/MS. Thanks. :rolleyes: