Bootcamp 4.0 and vista/win7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by quikrun00, Dec 28, 2011.

1. quikrun00 macrumors newbie

Running lion osx and ran the bootcamp assistance to create a partition and went thought the install of win7. It completes the install but after it reboots the system goes to a black screen and just keeps rebooting. It never goes any further into the OS of windows7. I used an iso of win7 from digital river and keep getting this problem. I have removed the partition in boot camp assistant and did the process over and made another copy of win7 using a different burn speed 2x, still won't let me completely install.

I then did the same thing using a windows vista copy. This WORKED. (this copy of vista was a dvd from Dell that had the OS on it from an older PC) I was able to do a complete install and use vista normally, but couldn't load the drivers from the DVD that boot camp assistant created before installing Vista (said bootcamp needs to run windows7) I however manually installed drivers so I can get a network connection to run the Internet and graphics card.

Once in vista I tried to upgrade to windows7 but kept doing the samething as stated above. Would not install. Then had to remove OS using boot camp assistant on the MAC side.

My question is, how do I get windows 7 to load? Is it a bad copy from an iso ?because I have used different ones from different places. I only need windows to run this Star Wars the old republic MMO game. I am fine with vista but don't understand why win7 won't load to make the drivers all work.
    Thanks in advance.

2. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

Do some searching here in the forums seems like a bunch of people have reported similar problems.

I think some people have reported success after doing win 7 repairs and fixing stuff boot related ( like I said dig around for those threads )?

My mba 2011 works fine running win 7 bootcamp with no fumbling around during/after install process.