bootcamp 4.0, Lion, and Tiny 7 burn

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by adam.braley, Aug 6, 2011.

1. adam.braley macrumors newbie

K, I'm trying to use Boot Camp 4.0 to install Tiny7 on a partition on my Macbook Pro (running OSX Lion). I downloaded the Tiny7 ISO and used the disk utility to burn it to a DVD-R. It successfully burned and verified. I loaded boot camp, partitioned, made a disk w/ support stuff, and went to install. It appears that it doesn't recognize the disk. I note that Boot Camp 4.0 says "you'll need an authentic installation disk for Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate." Is that what's getting in the way, and is there a way around it?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

BCA will only recognize some discs, but you can generally get others to boot and install OK just by holding Alt/Option at boot and selecting your optical drive.

Just use BCA to create the partition and then boot and install manually.

B

3. Tiuri macrumors newbie

how to install Tiny7 in bootcamp assistant

Hi there, was wondering if you could tell me when exactly to use the alt/option key to select Tiny7 to install. Because when I click "start installation" in the Bootcamp assistant screen, it says that it could not find a retail Win-7 disc.

Thanks in advance,

Tiuri

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Insert disc. :apple: menu -> Restart. Hold Alt/Option down.

B