Bootcamp 4.0 on rMBP freezes while copying files, help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by addoh, Jul 21, 2012.

1. addoh macrumors newbie

Hey,

When I try to install Windows 7 through Boot camp it freezes at about 40% when it says "copying Windows files". I've tried two (!) different ISOs and the USB stick is brand new, 8 Gb which should be more than enough.

Any tips? What can I do? This is killing me, I want to start gaming!

Thanks in advance
    Adrian

2. addoh thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright so it turns out I just had to be patient, how stupid right? ;)

Anyway, Windows 7 is now installed but the problem is I can't connect to the internet while booted into Windows. When I try to run the "setup" file on the USB stick, which is there to install drivers, I can't run the wizard since I have no connection! Talk about a dead end....

How can I solve this? Run Bootcamp again? I had all boxes checked when proceeding with the Boot Camp assistant so I don't understand why it didn't download the drivers onto the USB stick like it's supposed to.

Thanks in advance again.

EDIT: I started up Boot camp just now and chose to simply download drivers and put them on to the USB stick, downloading as I'm writing this. Will then boot into Windows and run the file again. Wish me luck!

3. AnishSR19 macrumors newbie

Same problem

Hey I have the same problem as you in the first post. Bootcamp only gets to copying windows files. I have a retina MacBook Pro, and am running Mountain Lion 10.8.2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Anish

4. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Just let it finish.