Bootcamp and Disk Utility won't partition

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by 2011yea, Oct 29, 2011.

1. 2011yea macrumors newbie

It said I should repair my disk. I used applejack. After restarting and using CMD+S i typed in "applejack auto restart" and it started repairing all my stuff. but now that i'm trying to partition my mac HD, it says that I should use disk Utility to repair my disk. This is confusing me. And, I don't even have my CD in the first place. Any ideas?

2. Darby67 macrumors 6502

Do you have an external drive? You'll have to boot from either a the system disk that came with your computer, another OS disk or an external USB/Firewire drive that has Disk Utility or other repair program.

3. 2011yea thread starter macrumors newbie

no I do not. I've had this mac for a long time. However, I'll go searching for it. Now, it won't partition because my volume count is wrong. I have no way to fix this

4. techguy20 macrumors 6502

I'm sure if you went into a local apple store (regardless of your warranty status) and told them you just need to borrow an OS X disk or ask them to just boot from one of their many external OSX hard drives, they'd be more than happy to do so.

You just need to boot into something and load Disk Utility and Repair the drive.

It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes or so to do, and I think the Geniuses would be more than willing to help you for free.