Bootcamp and Fusion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by patrickng89, Apr 27, 2010.

1. patrickng89 macrumors member

Hi everyone,

Im a Mac noob as im gonna be getting my first mac in a week's time so gt a couple of question to ask so i can get straight to it when the machine comes:)

i have read in other forums that says that its not a gd idea to install win7 on bootcamp AND fusion. i am not sure why but has anyone done this and encountered any problems?

If its a bad idea why?

Cos i am looking to run fusion most of the time but when the new games such as Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 i think running them on bootcamp would be better

Thanks in advance guys

2. squawk7600 macrumors member

u can use Fusion to start the bootcamp partition in Mac OS and run both @ same time or boot into win7 directly..but keep in mind Windows 7 run very hot..my CPU goes to around 80C in windows...and only around 50C in OS X

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

Blizzard puts the Mac and PC version of the games on their CD/DVD, so you do not need to install bootcamp to play those games as you'll be able to play them natively on Mac OS X with the exact same performance.

I have both VmWare Fusion and bootcamp, VMware is using my bootcamp partition whenever I need to do something quick or not very processor intensive. I use bootcamp to play some older games. Using Win7 Pro 64bit.

No problems here.