Bootcamp And Hp Printer?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RossMc, May 5, 2010.

1. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

I have a 15" i5 MBP and I have Windows 7 installed on it via Bootcamp as well.

I have a HP Photosmart B109a-m printer that I bought with my MBP from Apple.

I have the drivers installed fine on OSX but when I try and install them in Windows 7 I get this error message

[​IMG]

On the disk it says it has Drivers for OSX and Windows 7.

Does anyone know why I would be getting this error message?

2. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

If I'm reading that error right it's not that the printer driver is an issue, but rather the USB drivers seem to be missing. Can you use other USB devices without issue? Specifically, USB 2.0 devices?

3. RossMc thread starter macrumors 65816

RossMc

I have a usb mouse that works fine in the USB slots and also a Western Digital external HD that also works fine. The hard drive is defiantly USB 2.0 as it says so on the box.

4. jasonramsay macrumors newbie

HP B109a-m scanner not detected

Hi,

I was trying to find some info and did a search on the B109a in the site and your thread came up.

I just bought the same all in one HP printer/scanner the printer works fine however the scanner cannot be detected by the macbook. Did you have this same problem. I am running snowleopard with the most up to date software.

The scanner works if I use the unit it's self but not on the macbook.

any help would be great.

Cheers,

Jason

5. jasonramsay macrumors newbie

HP B109a-m scanner not detecting on macbook

Hi,

I just bought all in one HP printer/scanner B109a-m the printer works fine however the scanner cannot be detected by the macbook.

I am running snowleopard with the most up to date software.

The scanner works if I use the unit it's self but not on the macbook.

I have searched high and low on the internet sites and cannot find anything of real assistance if someone has had this issue and resolved it and would like to pass on that info it would be much appreciated.

any help would be great.

Cheers,

Jason

6. bchan macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have the exact same problem when installing the HP printer driver for my HP Photosmart C4385 printer under MBP bootcamp, despite several tries. On the other hand, I have no problem at all to install the HP driver on OS X. Terrible!