Bootcamp and MacBook Pro (help)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Code Name, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Code Name macrumors newbie

Okay, here's what I've done

-Recieved a MacBook Pro w/OSX
    -Immediately installed Leapard (w/installation disc)
    -Made a partition for Windows using bootcamp
    -Inserted Windows XP Professional (full version)
    -Restarted Mac
    -Got past Window's license agreement

This all went smoothly...

But when it askes me to insert a Windows CD and press enter, It says that it cant read the disk..It's practically brand new (used once) so the disc is clean...Does anybody know about this?

2. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

You may have to try re-installing Windows again. Do not remove the CD until it is 100% complete. Leave the CD in when it restarts. Don't remove it until you get to the desktop.

3. Code Name thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I get past the Mac portion, when it gets to the blue screen (after the license agreement), it asks me to insert the disk and press enter, then it says that it cant read

4. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Did you format the Bootcamp partition in the Windows installer? The partition OS X creates is not bootable. During the "blue screen" Windows installer, you need to format the partition as either NTFS or FAT32 after you choose the partition to install Windows to.

Here's Apple's guide for Bootcamp installs: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Boot_Camp_Install-Setup.pdf

EDIT: Maybe I'm not understanding fully. Are you saying it doesn't even get as far as the partition screen?

5. Code Name thread starter macrumors newbie

^^^^^^^

yea, it doesnt even get to the partition screen...it says that my CD isnt valid (its an original Windows XP Professional SP2 full version CD that I purchased at my college's bookstore)