Bootcamp and Parallel Partition

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by brich1ng, Aug 2, 2011.

1. brich1ng macrumors newbie

I'm have no experience what so ever in the bootcamp or parallel systems. I was just thinking, if i was to make a partition for windows 7 with the intention of installing several games, software etc. to run on Windows. Do i have to make my partition bigger, to make way for the softwares i would like to install? or can windows access the hard drive as whole? I see a lot of videos and articles stating that they suggest 30gb worth of partition for Windows 7. :confused:

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Depending on your system, OS and apps you want to run 30 GB can be too small.

You can read all of the contents of the disc, but can't write without third-party software.

B

3. brich1ng thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it so i really have to increase the size of my partition. Thanks a lot i appreciate it.:D

4. neenja macrumors 6502

yep, games now and days take up a TON of space. the first time i installed bootcamp, i only made about a 10gb partition. ended up having to redo it cus i ran out of space really fast.

5. brich1ng thread starter macrumors newbie