Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doylee01

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
I want to purchase Vista Home Premium OEM and VMware fusion 2. If I use the vista dvd to make a bootcamp partition will VMware fusion see this partition and will the partition work as I have heard vista home premium doesnt work in virtualization software. Is this a lisencing issue or a software problem or does this problem even exist? Please tell me if any of you have got this working with vista home premium as I need to but Vista in the next couple of days in time for my imac to arrive.

Many Thanks in advance, Jack.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
It will work, but let me dissuade you from Fusion. Parallels 4 just came out a few weeks-ish ago. It's much better than before, and is pretty much equal in features and whatnot to Fusion. It has a simpler GUI and is much easier to understand/use.

Anyways, you should be fine. You might have to re-activate Vista once you apply Fusion or Parallels (forgot to say they are both virtualization softwares) to Vista, majority of the time you will have to reactivate, but this only happens once.

doylee01

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
Okay thank you very much. I wasn't to sure about buying VMware Fusion 2 as I have heard a lot of good things about Parallels. Thanks very much again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.