Bootcamp and Windows 7

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nightruans, Mar 9, 2011.

1. nightruans macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    First post

I installed windows ultimate with 80 GB on Bootcamp. When I finished the installation and logged into windows some of the drivers do not work. I cannot log onto the internet and dont know where to get the drivers.

I have the new 13 inch MBP with 500GB and 2.0 GHZ i7 Processor

2. mrfoof82 macrumors 6502a

Did you create the drivers disc that the Boot Camp Assistant has you either burn, or save to a removable USB drive? If so, the Boot Camp Assistant probably spent a considerable amount of time downloading the updated drivers and Boot Camp windows applet.

You need to install that drivers disk at some point. The first thing that should appear when you run the Boot Camp Assistant and hit Continue is the "Download Windows Support Software" dialog.

I'm running Windows 7 SP1 (MSDN media) on Boot Camp 3.2 on a 2011 MacBook Pro 15 just ducky (bare metal, and accessing it via VMWare Fusion 3.1). Everything works as expected after inserting the disc with the Windows Support Software I burned, and rebooted.

3. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

I just did this too... i didn't have to download anything. the drivers are on the osx dvd that came with the mbp. boot up in windows then pop in the osx dvd and it should auto run and install drivers. (if it doesn't auto run just open up the dvd drive folder and run setup.exe)