Bootcamp Assistant will not open. Weird

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Donnie156, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Donnie156 macrumors newbie

I bought this mac last year and decided to put a windows partition on it. I decided the partition was way too small so I erased it and made a new one. This time when I went to make a partition on my hard drive it said the beta had expired. I looked deeper into this message and some sites said to put your clock was to before September of 2007. Doing so I now get this message. Bootcamp assistant cannot open. This version of Boot Camp Assistant is not supported in Mac OS X v10.5. Use Boot Camp Assistant 2.0, located in /Applications/Utilities/. Well first i don't have a boot camp 2.0. So I downloaded the combo pack to make sure my firmware and such was up to date which it was. I still get this error message. Some help would be nice, Thanks.:)

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

It appears to me that you are trying to run the beta Boot Camp assistant under Leopard, which has it's own Boot Camp assistant. I recommend running Pacifist and reinstalling the Boot Camp assistant from your Leopard DVD.

3. Donnie156 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow quick response. And it worked! Thanks very much. Though I do feel kinda silly for trying to run the wrong boot camp.:D Thanks again

4. Nickygbaby macrumors newbie

Help!

I got the same This version of Boot Camp Assistant is not supported in Mac OS X v10.5. Use Boot Camp Assistant 2.0, located in /Applications/Utilities/.
    message when I changed my clock and I don't even have Boot Camp Assistant 2.0! You said to reinstall Leopard? I have Snow Leopard. I don't know what to do because I don't have the disk either! help!! :confused::confused::confused:

5. jstsmacforehead macrumors newbie

snow leopard bootcamp

I dont seem to have a boot camp assistant in my Utilities folder? WTF?