[Bootcamp] ATI Tools Crashes Programs.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jazwire, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

In problem is in reference to the Overclocking 6750m thread that seems to be working fine for everyone else:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1142028&page=14

Why am I having problems when no one else in the thread seems to be with the same setup.

I am having no luck with ATI Tray Tools working with programs even with its default settings, (After fresh install no tweaks, no overclocking, no mods at all).

Everything crashes when ATI Tray Tools is running. (Ati Try Tools dont crash but it makes games and even GPU-Z crash, disabling ATI Tray Tools GPU-Z works fine.)

I've tried ATI Mobility drivers 11.12WHQL & 12.1 beta , same results.

This is on a fresh install of boot camp with only ATI TOOLS, GPU-Z and SWTOR installed as programs.

Guessing there is some setting in ATI Tools that might need to be changed in the advanced setting?

My laptop is the one in my sig below.

17" MBP with 6750m.

Anyone very familar with ATI TrayTools that might be able to troubleshoot this?

2. SpazzyMac macrumors regular

SpazzyMac

if I were you I would try the original RAM, to see if the 16gb ram was the issue.

when I make a new fresh install, I download the windows support thing for bootcamp, then delete the GPU drivers that came with it, then put the latest Driver I wan't to use, for the simplicity ;)

3. mattyjones94 macrumors newbie

I want to get the actual latest AMD drivers for my 6770M, but those stupid Bootcamp drivers are holding me back. How do you go about getting rid of them?