Bootcamp, Automation and 1 windows app

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by callmetux, Mar 16, 2009.

1. callmetux macrumors newbie

Ok so i have 1 game that doesnt run well in Parallels 4 and its the only thing i need to boot into windows using Bootcamp.

My question is - is there a way i can click on an icon and have my Macbook boot into bootcamp and start the application without having to manually do it?

Ive just discovered automator and am wondering if there is a script i can use to make this happen.

Also is there a way i can then make a 1 step process on the windows partition to reverse the process ie: shutdown windows and boot into OS X without having to manually select my OSX partition?

TY in advance, this is my first post and as a new Mac user im looking forward to learing the Tricks and tips from all you guys

2. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Even if that were possible, automator is an OSX app and you would be starting Windows on reboot.

What you could do is have the program load on start up in Windows. I think that will be as close as you get.

3. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

You can use BootChamp (http://www.kainjow.com/) to handle the restart from the OS X side (you need to type your password). You can add a shortcut to the program you want to run to the "Start Up" folder on the start menu in Windows.

You can restart to OS X by right clicking on the Boot Camp icon in the system tray/taskbar (next to the clock).