Bootcamp black screen on 2011 MBA...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ddong, Dec 19, 2011.

1. ddong macrumors member

Hello;

I want to install Windows 7 on a MBA so i launched bootcamp and chose the USB flash drive where i put Win7 on (used for install on PCs without trouble) but after reboot, i just get black screen... I then tried with a DVD i just burn, same..! What the hell? What did i miss?

Thanks.

2. ddong thread starter macrumors member

I now used the "create usk disk from iso" assistant, it tooks more than 30 ******* minutes and i'm again a black screen, nothing loading...

3. monkeybagel macrumors 65816

Is the ISO that you are using a genuine Microsoft ISO? Is it a known good download?

4. ddong thread starter macrumors member

Yes, after searching i finally found out that you have to press SPACE just before you choose to boot on the actual usb drive (so you gotta boot with the option key) cause the "press a key to start" doesn't display..! Also before first login screen, you only have black screen and for quite long... No happy ending, i crashed it after the first fine reboot -.-

5. ddong thread starter macrumors member

Well i'm not sure its crashed or not..? I just see a black screen if i try to boot windows, that's it. What can i do before reinstall?

6. monkeybagel macrumors 65816

On the 13" I don't haven't had problems like that installing Windows 7 Enterprise x64. I think Boot Camp avoids the "Press any key to boot from CD/DVD" message but if pressing a key there helps then try it. After it boots, it should be just a few seconds until you see the "green worm" or Windows splash screen animation and see a GUI.

You can try this ISO to see if you get any different results:
    http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24281.iso

7. ddong thread starter macrumors member

My 7 ISO is valid, that's 100% sure, so i don't need another. But where the hell can i get the drivers if bootcamp can't download them..? I searched and searched but didn't find any place to get them! I tried to make up the usb drive again with the utility, it has finished to copy files however it still shows "copying windows files" and won't move. HELL OF A CRAP.

8. ddong thread starter macrumors member

After about 20minutes, it'll say "couldn't download cause of a connection issue" while the network is totally fine... Also, i just tried to make a XP usb drive (ISO is officiel 300% sure!!) and still black screen at start, the space hint doesn't work anymore. I've just been trying to install Windows for 24hours. Amazing.

9. ddong thread starter macrumors member

No idea anyone? I guess i have to return then..