Bootcamp black screen

Discussion in 'macOS' started by siphen5, Oct 27, 2007.

1. siphen5 macrumors newbie

I got time machine, and everything working and backed up, and so i went to install Vista on a partition of the drive. After doing so i realized i had the upgraded version and would not be able to do so. I cancelled out of the vista instal the best i could by just restarting, which is where my problem began.

It would not boot back to mac, so i pulled up the support site, and was able to log into OS X using the option key. I went back into bootcamp to remove the windows partition, and forget about it. It said it completed the task (a little fast if you ask me), and everything seemed fine, i shut down the computer. I came back later turned it on, and low and behold it will not boot up at all now, all i get is a flashing line up in the top left corner of the screen. When i unplug my back up drive, it says it needs a boot disk, plug it back in, and i just get the flashing drive. Apples support website says to call or go to a store, but i would like to get this problem resolved tonight. Is it possible anyone can help me out? I would greatly appreciate it.

2. bb10lue macrumors member

I had the exactly same problem just a min ago!! Just use the option key when you reboot, start up the mac. Then go to the system preference-->startup disk, choose mac osx10.5, then restart.:cool: