Bootcamp blackscreen startup

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by big deal, Nov 28, 2010.

1. big deal macrumors newbie

Hello guys, I've searched for a long time on the net for solutions to my problem, and I apologize if this problem was solved here, but I havent found anything here.

Problem:
    So I'll get right to it, I've been using bootcamp on my MacBook Pro for about 10 months, and it worked perfectly. However, starting 4 days ago, everytime I restart>hold down option key>select Windows partition, the screen goes completely blank/black with the cursor blinking, and it stays stuck that way unless I hold down the power off button and turn the laptop off.

What did I do to fix this?
    After searching on google for a while, people were suggesting that this happens due to over-heating, but that shouldn't be the case because I have a laptop cooler. But I said, perhaps that is not enough? So I left the laptop outside in the cold (about 0 degrees outside), for about 5 mins. When I brought it in, the black screen re-occured, meaning the problem persists.

I also tried Unmounting/Mounting the bootcamp partition using Disk Utilities, but still no luck.

So is the partition damaged where I have to erase and re install it again? If so, can someone leave a useful link on how to backup bootcamp, and how to restore it.

Thank you in advance! If anything is unclear, please ask ^.^

2. Demigod Mac macrumors 6502a

Try zapping the PRAM

Hold down the Command-Option-P-R keys at bootup, release after the second chime sound.

Now try to use Bootcamp.

3. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

You might have better luck asking in the MacBook Pro forum.

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Or even the Windows on the Mac forum.

5. Yatteri macrumors newbie

Did you find a solution? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to solve mine.

My bootcamp worked perfectly for over a year until it randomly pulled me to the blank/black screen with blinking underscore last night...