Bootcamp bug? Bootcamp erase the mac startup disk!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mando78, Oct 23, 2009.

1. mando78 macrumors newbie

Hi to all!

Yesterday I erase the windows partition on my macbook pro through bootcamp.
    Then I restart my mac and it tell me "no bootable device ...". If I press alt button during the starting, I can see my mac partition, but when I choose it, it's impossible to access.

Unfortunately my Leopard install disk doesn't work anymore (really really strange, it's perfect without any scratch) and I can only use a old tiger disk. So I can see that it's no more present any startup disk!!! Bootcamp deleted my mac startup disck.

Through the terminal I can see that alls my data are presents!

Suggestions? I guess the only way to restore my mac it's to buy snow leopard and re-install the system saving the data.

What do you think?

all the best!

luca

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Bootcamp didn't delete your start up disk . You did.

3. mando78 thread starter macrumors newbie

I choose only the windows partition inside bootcamp!
    Bootcamp ask only if I want to delete the windows partition and I select it!

How can I restore it? Only throgh a new Snow Leopard installation?

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

So you were in OS X, opened Boot Camp Assistant, asked it to delete the Windows partition, and when you restarted, boom, you can't boot into back into OS X? That's what you're saying?

5. mando78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly! Alls my partition it's present inside my mac, but I cannot load it.
    I want to post this thread for the other user that will delete a windows partition through bootcamp, to pay attention to the start up disk before restarting the mac.

6. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Just boot from the OS X DVD to change the startup disk back to your Mac partition then.

7. mando78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, my Leopard DVD doesn't work!!! The disk is perfect but mac keeping trying to load without success!!! :(

8. Lordedmond macrumors regular

You are holding the "C" down at boot ????

9. mando78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, it keep on charge without success.
    Also if I press alt, I can see my partition and the DVD. But both don't work!

10. mando78 thread starter macrumors newbie

In this page suggest to restart holding manu button and choosing your partition. Unfortunately this doesn't work on my mac, as doesn't work to reboot with DVD!

Now I'm copying my HD through firewire and an'other mac mini. Then I'll try to use Mac mini ad DVD source and reinstall mac on my mac book pro!