Bootcamp Complications.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Dallelito, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Dallelito macrumors newbie

Hello!

First of all, this is my absolute first post, and ive been trying to find something about this case everywhere, but havent. So i hope i dont make anyone upset by posting a new thread.

Okey, my problem is following. I installed Vista on my mbp when i got it about 2 months ago. Like most of us Mac users, i realized that Vista was absolutely useless for me, so i decided to uninstall it.

I uninstalled it succesfully by just making in the harddrives to one partition again, using Bootcamp Assistant.

The only really annoying thing is that when i start my mac, i still have to press "alt / option " because otherwise it tries to boot Vista. This is really strange, anyone knows what might be the problem here? Im very thankful for answers, because i just want to go through with my life, pretending Vista never infected my computer ;) Thanks!

And this is a great forum! /Alexander

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

It would seem that you have not set the default startup disk to be Mac OSX.

Open System Preferences, then click on the "Startup Disk" pane. It will list any available disks that can be booted from. Click your startup disk, click the "Restart" button and from then on, it should boot to your OSX disk automatically on startup or restarts.

3. bpasker macrumors member

Enter System Preferences > Setup Disk and make sure you mac partition is selected as default boot.

4. Dallelito thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much, just dissapointed at myself that i did not realize this. Once again thanks!