Bootcamp disappeared since upgrade to Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Artmuzz, May 3, 2013.

1. Artmuzz macrumors 6502

I have an iMac (late 2009) and it originally had Snow Leopard installed on it until recently when I did an upgrade to Mountain Lion. Anyway I have a problem since upgrading as now in Mountain Lion I cannot see the Bootcamp (Windows 7 64bit) disk icon on desktop. When I go into disk utility I can see the Bootcamp disk but it is greyed out. I have tried mounting it on disk utility but I am unable to as it comes back with errors that it cannot mount disk. Anyway the strange thing is that when I reboot my iMac and press the "alt" key to get to select the Windows 7 disk, I am able to boot into Windows 7 normally which is odd considering the Bootcamp disk is greyed out on Disk Utility and I cannot mount it.

Please advise.

2. Artmuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

3. RickyB macrumors regular

I can't suggest a solution, but given that it may mean your disk is corrupt,I would make a backup of both Mac and PC partitions just in case one or both fails.

4. MJL macrumors 6502a

Did you upgrade the bootcamp in windows too? Me thinks both need to be the same version?