Bootcamp doesn't boot into OS X by default

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wankey, Jan 13, 2009.

1. wankey macrumors 6502a

Annoying problem with bootcamp. I installed Windows 7 on a bootcamp partitioned partition (32gb) and played aorund with it for a few moments... then I got bored and went back to OSX to delete the partition.

Once done however... whenever I restart the mbp, the bootloader keeps trying to boot into the partition which nolonger exists.

Only when I press option does the bootloader show 1 harddrive... the weirder thing is all the mouse inputs are switched (moving the mouse up=down, down=up, left=right so its hard to select the harddrive)

This is a very odd problem... how do i get rid of it? I really just want the mbp to boot right into OSX since the other partition no longer exists

If I don't hold option however, it boots into dos saying "Error, no bootable drive... please insert CD or DVD"

2. allbrokeup macrumors 6502

Simply, go into System Preferences, and set Macintosh HD as your Startup Disk.

And the mouse problem, don't bother about moving the mouse, simply hit "Return" to boot into the selected Partition...:D:D:D

If you cannot get into OS X at all, insert your Mac OS X Install DVD and open up the installer. Goto Utilities > Startup Disk and choose your Mac Partition.

If it still doesn't work, reinstall Mac OS X.

allbrokeup

3. wankey thread starter macrumors 6502a

Great... worked perfectly.

Another reason why OS X >>>>> Windows 7

4. sesnir macrumors 6502

lol... no, that's what you get for installing a beta operating system on a mac book :p

I think Mac OS X is better than Windows 7 for other reasons, though. Clunky is a word I'd use to describe it....

5. DirtyDan macrumors member

That word describes all post XP Windows OS's.