Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stervochka911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
I had my iMac repaired in Apple Store just recently. The old hat drive died and needed to be replaced with new one.
When I am running a Bootcamp it only gives me two options to download windows support software and to install windows, the option to partition my drive is mission from the menu of items offered.
I tried to repair permissions and drive but everything seem to be fine.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
I had my iMac repaired in Apple Store just recently. The old hat drive died and needed to be replaced with new one.
When I am running a Bootcamp it only gives me two options to download windows support software and to install windows, the option to partition my drive is mission from the menu of items offered.
I tried to repair permissions and drive but everything seem to be fine.

You have to click Continue after checking the option to install Windows. The other one is unnecessary.

You'll then be prompted to select the ISO file or to insert the DVD before being prompted to partition the drive.

stervochka911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
You have to click Continue after checking the option to install Windows. The other one is unnecessary.

You'll then be prompted to select the ISO file or to insert the DVD before being prompted to partition the drive.

I did. It tells me that installer could not be found. I just used it on another mac to install windows 8.1 a week ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.