Bootcamp Doesn't Recognize windows Disk

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tommzy, Feb 5, 2012.

1. tommzy macrumors newbie

I have a macbook pro 15 inch late 2011 and im trying to install windows 7 using bootcamp, ive downloaded and burned the windows software at the start and now im trying to install windows 7.
    I have an ISO which i burned to the disk (when you open the disk you see the contents of the iso) which i think is right
    when i click install it spins up for a while and then it said i need a windows 7 install disk.

So how can i get around this or what could i do to install it.
    Im trying to install 32 bit windows 7 home premium from a burned iso.

2. techguy20 macrumors 6502

So you've been able to successfully boot onto the Windows 7 DVD to get to the Install options window?

3. kaiennyu macrumors newbie

Hi
    I also have the same issue.

I have a macbook pro 13 from 2011 and I'm trying to install windows 7 64bit using bootcamp. I've downloaded and burned the windows software at the start and now am trying to install windows 7 from a burned iso on a dvd.

I started bootcamp assistant as the instructions stated and downloaded the windows software support. i burnt out the windows software support and got to the partition for windows stage.
    When i insert the windows DVD, it spins then tells me it cannot read the disc.

The win7 64bit is a upgrade windows iso but i read somewhere on the forums that i can do a clean install even if there was no previous OS present.

help? please?
    many thanks :)

4. techguy20 macrumors 6502

I believe you'd need to use the disk with the Windows Upgrade ISO, install it WITHOUT a serial number or product key, as a 30-day trial. If you have Home Premium, install with the Basic version. Then, reinstall it again over that, choosing to upgrade to the newer version using the upgrade product key.