Bootcamp Drivers and 2017 iMac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by SaSaSushi, Jun 20, 2017.

1. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I have BootCamp installed on a 500GB Samsung 840 EVO in a Thunderbolt enclosure attached to a 2017 27 inch iMac. (4.2GHz, 580 Pro, 512GB SSD)

I downloaded the latest BootCamp drivers from BootCamp Assistant and installed them in BootCamp Windows 10 but I seem to be missing some tabs in the BootCamp control panel and the media keys on the Magic Keyboard 2 (with numeric pad) are not working.

BootCamp version is 6.1 (Build 6760)

Has anyone with a Magic Keyboard 2 managed to get the media keys working? Anyone else missing tabs in the BootCamp control panel?

2. SaSaSushi thread starter macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

So I got the media keys working. Apparently the Applekeyboardinstaller64.exe was the problem. Every time I tried to run it manually it would show "Install Failed". I extracted the contents of the executable, right-clicked on Keymagic64.inf and chose "Install". That worked.

It still seems like I'm missing a tab in the BootCamp Control Panel. I've got Startup Disk, Keyboard and Power.

Oh well, at least the media keys are working again. [​IMG]

3. grizfish macrumors newbie

I plan to do a similar thing. Will be ordering a new iMac this week after closing up a few loose ends.
    Have a Crucial M4 SSD 256GB that I will try to make work as an external windows boot drive.

Thanks for the info. Please keep us informed on your progress.