Bootcamp Drivers and Lion..?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Killery96, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Killery96 macrumors 6502

Hi, I'm looking for an answer. No I'm actually not looking for an answer I'm trying to find trolls and slay them. JK. Alright, I just got Home Premium (Windows 7), and installed it with virtually no issues onto my 15" macbook pro (2011, 2.2 i7, 6750m). I logged on and put in the key and all that jibber jabber. Now comes the fun part. Drivers. I got my computer with Lion, and therefore there are no bootcamp drivers on a DVD sitting here for me. When I installed Windows on Bootcamp I selected the option "I have the software on a DVD, CD, or External Disk" option when prompted to download the windows support software. I chose that because even though network diagnostic thought my wireless was fine, it still couldn't recognize the wireless and download things after 57 repeated clicks on the re-try option. So how would I go about getting drivers and support software for a windows 7 home premium partition on my OSX Lion mac? Thanks a lot, I'd really appreciate a reply!

E.

2. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

Redoing the bootcamp install is one option just make sure you burn the drivers first this time.

If you REALLY don't want to lose your current win 7 setup you could pull out your current drive and install lion on a different drive, setup bootcamp again, get your drivers from that different disk.

All in all probably easiest to just re do it. Microsoft will probably see that the hardware key is the same and allow you to re-activate your software again on the second try. If it doesn't reactivate automatically you can always call in and get them to do it manually.

3. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Or just find a friend who also has a MBP and have them open Boot Camp Assistant and download and burn the drivers for you.

4. Killery96 thread starter macrumors 6502

Couldn't I simply open up bootcamp assistant, download and burn the drivers onto a USB stick or CD, and then simply not follow through with the installation, and then install them on the windows side? Also, no matter my connection, (ethernet or wireless, they work on safari and network diagnostic thinks everything's fine), bootcamp assistant never lets be download and burn the drivers because I'm apparently not connected to the Internet... ...Sure... What's up with that? I even unplugged the house iMac's ethernet and tried with that. Really isn't working. At all...

----------

Also, I haven't even activated the Windows yet. It'll do so in like 3 days. And because without drivers I don't even have internet, how could it prompt me to do so anyways until it shuts off in 30 days?

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Launch the Boot Camp Assistant, and select the option to get the drivers. That's all there is to it.

6. TinHead88 macrumors regular

TinHead88

I'm running Windows 7 without any bootcamp drivers at all. Of course you don't get specific support for keyboard and mouse but everything I need works (I only use it for games).

My wireless works fine without bootcamp. This is on a MacPro Early 2008.

But as already stated you can download the bootcamp drivers to a USB stick or burn to a disc and run the setup manually in Windows.

7. Killery96 thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I'll do the latter. Apple says on their site that there are wireless network drivers, and if I'm having problems with that, then that's where I should go. Tomorrow afternoon after school in the Library before Taekwondo, I'll get the drivers and load em up onto a 4gb flash drive (think a 4gb USB device could hold 'em all?). After class I'll install drivers and then pimp out W7, as well as install some o' dem vid games. yay! thanks for your help everyone.