Bootcamp drivers are 3000 miles away, or, 10.6 drivers next to 10.5 OK?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by GeeYouEye, Nov 1, 2009.

1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

So my Leopard DVD is on one side of the country while I'm on the other. While I'm not ready to upgrade to Snow Leopard yet, I'm willing to buy the DVD if I can install the Boot Camp 3.0 drivers that come with it.

Anyone know if there are adverse reactions to this?

2. FranzyPants macrumors newbie

from my experience, yes. I installed the bootcamp drivers that came on my macpro disc 1. windows was up and running just fine. then i remembered that i had my snow leopard disc downstairs. so i tried to install the new bootcamp drivers and i got a bunch of issues. everything seems to be running fine but the installation of the new drivers failed. i'd like to know if anyone has successfully replaced an older version of bootcamp with 3.0 and how they did it so i could fix my windows installation.

3. sMiK macrumors regular

sMiK

3.0 is absolutely awful. All I advise to do is NVIDIA drivers from official web site. Do not use the ones from windows update, after installing them the mini-display port gives a BSOD when plugging/unplugging