Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
So my Leopard DVD is on one side of the country while I'm on the other. While I'm not ready to upgrade to Snow Leopard yet, I'm willing to buy the DVD if I can install the Boot Camp 3.0 drivers that come with it.

Anyone know if there are adverse reactions to this?

FranzyPants

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2009
from my experience, yes. I installed the bootcamp drivers that came on my macpro disc 1. windows was up and running just fine. then i remembered that i had my snow leopard disc downstairs. so i tried to install the new bootcamp drivers and i got a bunch of issues. everything seems to be running fine but the installation of the new drivers failed. i'd like to know if anyone has successfully replaced an older version of bootcamp with 3.0 and how they did it so i could fix my windows installation.

sMiK

macrumors regular
May 8, 2008
Liverpool, UK
3.0 is absolutely awful. All I advise to do is NVIDIA drivers from official web site. Do not use the ones from windows update, after installing them the mini-display port gives a BSOD when plugging/unplugging

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.