Bootcamp drivers disc

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by CodyP, Jan 6, 2008.

1. CodyP macrumors newbie

Hey i installed windows xp on my mac, im using the version of boot camp which comes with Mac Leopard, where can i get this drivers disc? and also is it the only thing that i need before i can use the built in wireless card with the xp partion?

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

The Leopard disk is the drivers disk. Reboot into XP, then insert the Leopard disk.

3. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    When exactly does the drivers disc come into play? I don't have the luxury of using the Bootcamp assistant because I already partitioned my Hard Drive up when I first installed Leopard on this machine. When I use the Bootcamp assistant, I get an error.

I have designated 89.9GB for Leopard (Mac OS Extended (Journaled)), 14.9 GB for Tiger (also Mac OS Extended (Journaled)), and 6.6GB for Windows (MS-DOS (FAT32)) format.

I saw on some other threads that I can just restart the comp w/ the Windows XP Disc and install into that partition I designated.

I also saw the advice on using the Leopard disc as the drivers disc. But I was wondering how exactly that's used.

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Insert the Leopard disc after booting into XP and it should autorun the installation of the drivers needed to manage the Mac's hardware in Windows. Audio, video, iSight, all of it.

5. ProfMonnitoff macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm at university but left my OSX DVD at home. Is there anywhere I can legally get setup.exe?

I have a 2.2GHz, 128MB 8600GS Macbook Pro that came with 10.5

6. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    Thanks JohnNotBeatle. That's the info I was looking for.