bootcamp drivers for 2009 27" iMac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by adamj575, Mar 21, 2013.

1. adamj575 macrumors 6502

adamj575

Ok here is my predicement, I bought a used 2009 iMac 27 inch without the restore discs...I had a retail snow leopard copy of 10.6.0 This version was released before my imac...while i was able to get snow leopard installed and updated, i have installed vista (i know, but its the only retail copy of windows i have). when i installed the drivers from the disc (the download option would not ever work) i didnt give any though to the disc being before my imac model...afterwards i got a black screen and couldnt do anything...im sure its because the drivers for my imac werent on the disc...so, does anyone know where i can get the drivers?

2. IlikeMacsSoMuch, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013

IlikeMacsSoMuch macrumors 6502

Hi, is your bootcamp version updated to the latest? I got the same iMac (late 2009) and the bootcamp version is 5.0. But I have Mountain Lion installed and I am not sure if Windows vista would work because when you initiate bootcamp it only talks about Windows 7.

Before I bought the iMac, I already had a Snow leopard dvd and I used Bootcamp to install windows xp pro on a 2008 MBP. So, what bootcamp version to you have installed?

Forget what I said, Bootcamp 5.0 only works with Win 7&8, so you would need bootcamp 3.0 or maybe 4.0. If you do a fresh install of Snow leopard, install windows vista before updating bootcamp. Updates afterwards won't affect your system. Or maybe you could (don't know how) go back to an earlier version of the bootcamp that you have.

3. adamj575 thread starter macrumors 6502

adamj575

yeah man, its bootcamp 3...my only problem is that my install dvd is 10.6.0 and when my imac was made it was shipped with 10.6.2 so the needed drivers for this machine arent on the earlier version disc of snow leopard...i may call apple and just re-order my machine specific install discs, i just hate to come off the cash..lol