Bootcamp Drivers Help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by loopsnhoops, Jul 7, 2011.

1. loopsnhoops, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2011

loopsnhoops macrumors newbie

I recently partitioned my mac to install windows 7. The installation was flawless but now I am stuck on a certain problem. This laptop I am using was previously a school laptop so I don't have the snow leopard installation disk to install the drivers etc... on my Windows 7 partition. Is there anyway I can get those drivers on my partition. Thanks

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Unfortunately, what is downloadable from Apple that way are just the updaters.

The only 100% legal source of the drivers is on a pressed OS X install disc from Apple. You can call them for a replacement for a small fee ($9.95 IIRC) or buy a retail SL disc for $29.

Per Forum Rules we are not allowed to discuss or provide any help for you to get them from any other source.

If you are adventurous, you can look at end of the extract Boot Camp drivers thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=892725 to find some deep links from Apple Software Update that can lead you to a DMG file that should contain the drivers you seek.

B

3. simsaladimbamba

Thanks.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

FWIW: Apple has complicated things by making some versions of Boot Camp Assistant on some hardware try to download the drivers from Software Update, but it doesn't generally seem to work well and leads to mass confusion.

Remains to be seen how it works in Lion.

B