Bootcamp drivers please help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dlb253, Mar 2, 2011.

1. dlb253 macrumors member

Please help, I'm new at this & trying to learn more about Bootcamp drivers for my 2010 13" MBP...support.apple.com says:

The Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) DVD contains the following Mac drivers for Windows:

Apple Bluetooth
    Apple Keyboard Support
    Apple Remote Driver
    Apple Trackpad
    Atheros 802.11 Wireless
    ATI Graphics
    Boot Camp control panel for Microsoft Windows
    Boot Camp System Task Notification item (System Tray)
    Broadcom Wireless
    Intel Chipset Software
    Intel Integrated Graphics
    iSight Camera
    Marvel Yukon Ethernet
    nVidia Graphics
    Cirrus Logic Audio
    Realtek Audio
    SigmaTel Audio
    Startup Disk control panel for Microsoft Windows

When it says nVidia drivers, I assume it has drivers for all recent products (9400m, 320M, etc)? How does it know which drivers to install? Do you manually pick them off the OSX disc?

And my big question is, if the 320M was custom made by nVidia for MBPs, how is it that windows drivers even exist? I don't see ANY 320M drivers on nVidias website :confused:.

2. Derango macrumors regular

The Bootcamp installer will install the correct drivers for your system.

Don't worry, they're on the DVD. Just pop it in and let it do it's thing.

3. ssn637 macrumors 6502

I've got the 2010 13" MBP and the latest NVidia drivers do support the GeForce 320M on my machine.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

The Beta driver version 267.24 (just select the 300M series in the drop down list) released yesterday works just fine even though not officially supported. If you have any problems just let me know and I'll help you modify the nvao.inf file to include your GPU Hardware ID, which is necessary for installation.

You can also update the RealTek or Cirrus Audio drivers yourselves from their support web sites.

Be sure and update to V3.2 after the initial installation. The latest Boot Camp version is found at the Apple support site and must be installed over the version included with the Snow Leopard DVD.

4. dlb253 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. So what driver comes on the DVD then, and why bother downloading 267.24? Is it just better than the one given by Apple? Does 267.24 make that much of a difference?

5. ssn637 macrumors 6502

Good question. I generally update to the newest drivers under the assumption that they provide bug fixes or additional features. But I haven't noted any increase in frame rates while gaming with either version, so if you stay with the original drivers you'll be fine.