[Bootcamp] Drivers refuse to work?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by user1690, May 21, 2012.

1. user1690 macrumors regular

user1690

Ok guys, i've been going through a very annoying set of issues here so i'll list everything.

Wanted to install windows so i went to bootcamp assistant and went to do everything there. Yet bootcamp always says "No Operating System Disk Detected" or something along those lines and refuses to progress further. When it is definitely in the drive and is detected (Mounted on desktop), the disk isn't faulty as its been used to Install Windows XP many times before.

Since Bootcamp Assistant wouldn't help i just opted to download the windows software and burn it to disk. That went fine.

Then i went to disk utility and just created a 30GB partition called BOOTCAMP with the FAT filesystem.

That went fine so i rebooted and booted up the windows xp disk.

Setup went fine, windows installed. Heres where the annoying stuff gets going. Remember that windows software i burnt to disk? None of the drivers work properly at all. And i mean none.... Bootcamp installer says model isn't compatible and refuses to install. Nvidia drivers do install but don't start so most hardware isn't detected except USB. Not even the broadcom wifi drivers work!

Anyone got any ideas here because I'm approaching hair-pulling.

Any help would be appreciated :)

System Specs:

MacBook 5,2
    2.13GHz Core 2 Duo
    4GB RAM
    Mac OS Lion 10.7.4

2. minifridge1138, May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012

minifridge1138 macrumors 6502a

I think you're having versioning problems.

Bootcamp that comes with 10.7 only supports windows 7 and later.
    Bootcamp that comes with 10.5 and 10.6 supports 32-bit XP and later.

So you can't use the Lion bootcamp to install XP.
    If you have a Leopard or Snow Leopard install disk, then you'll be fine.
    Just boot up the windows installation you already created. Put in the 10.5 or 10.6 disc. The driver installer from Apple should launch. Install the drivers.

3. user1690 thread starter macrumors regular

user1690

I gave up on XP eventually. I have a SL install disk and even in 64Bit XP it was all like "Not compatible...." so i installed windows 7 and viola! Everything is perfect now. Just used the bootcamp drivers right off the grey snow leopard install DVD and everything went smooth.