Bootcamp Drivers, Sound = Working. Mic = Not working.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by .md, Jun 1, 2010.

1. .md macrumors member

.md

So a few weeks ago I installed bootcamp on my iMac 27" i7, the latest iMac out yet. When I installed Windows XP professional SP2, (later I let Windows Update do it's thing and let it install SP3 etc).

I installed the bootcamp drivers that came with the snow leopard CD's. Sound worked for about 5 minutes, then it didn't so I restarted my iMac and reinstalled the drivers again, then the sound happened to be working again, this time for the whole period. However my INTERNAL mic is not working, I have tried everything for it, installing new drivers, from realtek, reinstalling the drivers that I got from the CD's, I got nothing.

This is how my Sounds and Audio Devices Drivers go in properties,

Sound playback - Cirrus Logic HD Audio (I also have an option of ATI HD Audio rear back, but that doesn't work in my case)
    Sound Recording - Cirrus Logic HD Audio ( I have no other options in this one)

Just to clarify:

I am running Windows XP professional SP3 on the latest iMac with Snow Leopard.

Anyone help?

Thanks.

Edit: I found this from another site http://forum.notebookreview.com/apple-mac-os-x/284363-internal-microphone-not-working-bootcamp.html

I cannot do this either.

2. .md thread starter macrumors member

.md

bump

still having the problem, can anyone help me out here?

3. jamesnash macrumors newbie

i'm getting the same problem with the 2010 imac 27! did you have any luck or has anyone got a way to solve it?