Bootcamp & drivers

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by timsaxman, Dec 9, 2013.

1. timsaxman macrumors member

Hello

I have a 13" late 2013 rMBP and I've bootcamped Windows 8.1 just for some games (so the ****** interface doesn't bother me that much).

Now I know that the 13" isn't a gaming machine, not at all, but still it can handle some Diablo III, StarCraft II, League of Legends etc. which I want to play. I've heard that Windows gets better performance on some games compared to OS X and even if I'm not on a gaming machine I still want the most performance out of it. So the question is, how do I know that the Iris-drivers and such are up to date? I installed these via the boot-USB when I installed it via bootcamp but do these update automatically or do I get a prompt or something?

TL;DR: Bootcamped Windows 8.1 on 13" late 2013 rMBP, how do I keep drivers up to date and get maximum performance?

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

All you have to do is go to Intel's support website periodically, go through the drop-down menu, and search for the appropriate driver for your GPU.