Bootcamp & drivers

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by timsaxman, Dec 9, 2013.

1. timsaxman macrumors member

Feb 13, 2013

I have a 13" late 2013 rMBP and I've bootcamped Windows 8.1 just for some games (so the ****** interface doesn't bother me that much).

Now I know that the 13" isn't a gaming machine, not at all, but still it can handle some Diablo III, StarCraft II, League of Legends etc. which I want to play. I've heard that Windows gets better performance on some games compared to OS X and even if I'm not on a gaming machine I still want the most performance out of it. So the question is, how do I know that the Iris-drivers and such are up to date? I installed these via the boot-USB when I installed it via bootcamp but do these update automatically or do I get a prompt or something?

TL;DR: Bootcamped Windows 8.1 on 13" late 2013 rMBP, how do I keep drivers up to date and get maximum performance?
  2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Mar 4, 2013
    All you have to do is go to Intel's support website periodically, go through the drop-down menu, and search for the appropriate driver for your GPU.