Bootcamp fail detect the monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Petrushka4, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Petrushka4 macrumors newbie

Petrushka4

Hello, I am a very new to MacRumor but I did a bit search about my problem facing right now.
    It's very simple things
    I am a Mac Pro4,1 with MacOSX Yosemite 10.10.5, boot camp installed windows7
    using a non-flashed graphic Inno 3D GTX960 4GB in slot 2, the original GTX120 still in slot 1.
    Monitor is Apple 24" Cinema Display currently connected to GTX960 by using mini-display to display adapter
    When I start up to windows, no loading screen (of coz), and if i don't use Original Driver(which mean i have to change my monitor connect to original GTX120 first)...

Windows will never able to detect my monitor(but still able to do anything, as I can use keyboard to do restart) even the driver is already installed n work rightly (nothing error in device manager)

But even I start windows by connecting my monitor to GTX120. it still unable to switch back to GTX960... and the driver of GTX120 seems fail too...(some1 tell me i hv to update my windows7 first to make this driver work).
    I installed windows is mainly for gaming and 3D software (solid works/3Ds Max) that require high quality graphic to work with... its a bit struggling... and I have no hint to fix this problem...
    Please help me and forgive me unable to find some post which already tell me what to do
    [​IMG]

2. thornslack macrumors 6502

My understanding is that the gt 120 is too old and its drivers will conflict with your modern nvidia drivers for the 960, disallowing the use of both cards being installed simultaneously in Windows. I believe the solution would be to remove the 960, install the 120, and manually install the latest GeForce drivers for the 960. Then shut down, remove the 120, install the 960, and hopefully everything should work. If you need boot screens you can switch cards, and consider using Bootchamp and the boot camp control panel to switch between OSs.