bootcamp failed install now cant start leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rjuch, Dec 25, 2008.

1. rjuch macrumors newbie

hi guys,

i thought i would give bootcamp a go and install winxp ... it asked me about the partions, i left it defaulted to 5gb for windows ... it told me to put the cd in, it then rebooted, it started the windows install, at the time when you need to select the destination all I saw was one 130gb unknown partition, i expected to see a gb partition created by bootcamp ? so i thouht this 130 gb partition must be my mc partition, so i aborted the install, removed the cd, waited for osx to start ... nothing, i hear the chime and see the grey screen and then a black screen and then thats it ... o yeah and this is on my macbook pro laptop ... any ideas on what i should try or what has gone wrong ?

regards

Richard

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Try holding the option key when you boot
    See if it gives you to option to boot into OS X

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. rjuch thread starter macrumors newbie

tried that all i see is windows ... does this mean my mac partition is gone ? Any ideas how i can fix this and recover my data ?

4. Nero Wolfe macrumors regular

Nero Wolfe

Try booting from Leopard DVD and quit the installer, choose Disk Utility and see if you can figure out what the partitions are doing. You should be able to repair the OS X partition if it is damaged. (I'm assuming you didn't accidentally erase it during the Windows install.)