Bootcamp Follies

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by carfac, May 27, 2008.

1. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

So I ran the bootcamp thingy, made a 20 Gig windows drive... system rebooted into Vista install disk, installed.... now all I get it windows! How do I get back to Mac? I have rebooted a couple times- once with my Leopard disk in the drive... still, it just goes to Vista....

What do I do? (I have a current Time Machine BU, so if it comes to that, I am good...)

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You could very well have chosen the wrong partition, thereby erasing OS X.

3. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

in vista their should be a boot camp program and you should beable to choose mac OSX to boot into

4. carfac thread starter macrumors 65816

carfac

One partitian was 20 Gig, the other 200+ gig... I chose the right one.

Where is that? I will go look now. Is that how it is supposed to work- it keeps booting into the last thing you used, until you change it like that? I had thought there would be like a boot manager screen or something...

5. mithrilfox macrumors regular

mithrilfox

Sorry if this is insultingly simple, but are you holding down the ALT (OPTION) key to bring up the boot menu?

After installing Vista, it will become the default boot up OS. You will not be asked to make a choice, it will now show you a menu screen, it will just boot up automatically. Press and old ALT/OPTION upon turning your computer on, and wait a few seconds. It should show you the boot menu, with the option for Mac OS X, Windows, and any DVDs in your drive that can be booted.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Hold the option key when you boot and you will get the 2 options

Boot camp icon is in the bottom right corner in Windows (Vista at least)

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. carfac thread starter macrumors 65816

carfac

OK, so now I feel real stupid! Thanks!

Isthere a way to make OsX the default boot instead of Windows???? I only have that there for a few things, I do NOT want that up that much (Its flippin' annoying!!!)

8. carfac thread starter macrumors 65816

carfac

OK, I just went up and jiggered with it, seems to be ok!

Thank you all for your helP!

Just one more question, if anyone knows- I use a wireless keyboard and mose with the iMac, but windows does not seem to react to them... and ideas?

Thanks!

Dave

9. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

If you spend most of your time in the Mac OS, then you can set your Startup Disk under System Preferences to your Mac OS partition.

Then when you need to use Vista, you just hold down the ALT/OPTION key upon boot. When you restart you will be back into the Mac OS.

10. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Make sure you insert the Leopard DVD after booting Windows to install all the drivers. It will autorun, and install all the Bluetooth support as well as iSight, networking, etc.