Bootcamp for my school Mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Cosza, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Cosza macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

At my school everyone rents a computer. The school techies set it up so it has a school side and a home side (hold option while turning on to choose which one). If I get bootcamp on my home side how and/or would it work?

2. Sabrina2000 macrumors member

I'm probably not the best person to answer as I know little about all of this, just what I've picked up from my own recent experience so far - so do wait for other replies.....but I would have thought you can use the mac side for school if you wish, or the windows side; it's your choice. If you bootcamp and choose windows side you wil have a windows user account you can use, or create another windows user account so you'll have one for home and one for school - both in windows, and you can still switch to the mac side when you want....I think you can also create user accounts in the mac side, so at the end of the day it's all possible, depending on your choice. Hope it all runs smoothly for you whatever you opt for in the end !

* if you use bootcamp on the home side you'll have windows on the home side and mac on school side....