BootCamp Gamers

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MojoWill, Dec 11, 2008.

1. MojoWill macrumors 6502

Hey everybody!

Being a big gamer and a big mac user I often get annoyed whilst playing games in windows under bootcamp. Lack of drivers, settings etc.

So i have started www.bootcampgamers.com

A website dedicated to windows gamin on the mac. I hope to build a community with reviews, walkthroughs, tips and tricks and how to get the best out of your mac as a gaming machine. What works well what doesnt, what games are worth buying and what ones aren't.

We are looking for moderators and editors, people to maintain the download library (where we hope to have patchs and updates) write reviews and guides and basically get involved!

I welcome your feedback and hope to see you all there!

www.bootcampgamers.com

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Your tagline is rather fallacious, but thanks for the site. If you're compiling drivers, this could be a good resource.

3. 4np macrumors 6502a

4np

Interesting that you chose this subtitle though: Because the world's best gaming pc is a mac ;)

4. MojoWill thread starter macrumors 6502

your quite right I find it to be a better performing machine than any PC i have gamed on.

I'm sure I did read an article comparing Windows on a Mac and a PC and the Mac came out on top!

5. cg165 macrumors regular

Do you mean better performing for gaming? Because that is completely false. I would normally think this is a good idea, but you seem to not have your facts together about performance. If you had said this is the thinnest best performing notebook I would agree.

6. MojoWill thread starter macrumors 6502

i think your all straying away from the point....

if you want to get pedantic and quote benchmarking scores and all that jazz then no a mac cannot beat a PC, but which would you rather use?

The site is about finding ways around problems that we might face and about just enjoying the fact that we have beautiful machines that are better to use than the ugly PC counterparts?

The tagline is meant as a statement of absolute truth more a cheeky little dig at pcs

7. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Bingo. This is exactly what I was thinking. A one-stop place to go for (better) Boot Camp drivers.

8. aki macrumors 6502a

yes wow please.....i have had many problems doing correct drivers especially for video.....a proper site with the "best" drivers for mac models would be amaaaaaazing... :p

9. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

It's more of a statement of opinion...

I personally prefer gaming on my PC. It performs better, and when I'm playing a game, I don't care what my tower looks like (since it's on the ground...).

10. goonerman macrumors newbie

Wow. Neat. Thanks for the site. Can you get the latest nVidia drivers up (180.64 or something) to see if GTA IV works an better on my iMac? Apple seem to take their time with bootcamp updates.

11. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Offtopic, but your sig states that you have a 17" MBP penryn 2.4 GHz.......... there's no such thing. Its either 17" SR 2.4 GHz MBP, or 17" penryn 2.5 GHz MBP.

^^

12. MojoWill thread starter macrumors 6502

my mistake have updated my sig :eek:

13. zKarp macrumors member

Mod

Can I be a mod, I know alot about macs, windows and websites.
    PM me on here or ur site.