Bootcamp graphics card problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jcs1984, Oct 2, 2011.

1. jcs1984 macrumors newbie

I have an HD 6750m with the stock drivers. I tried to install the updated drivers from the amd site but when I go to install it, it says that I don't have the correct hardware. I also install the small 1mb file and the bigger 90mb file. The 1mb file says I don't have the correct hardware and the bigger file installs but nothing happens after that and the driver is still the old one.

Any help or links to how to install the drivers would be great. Thanks

2. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

Updating laptop graphics drivers is often more complex than for desktop boards. Typically you have to go to your laptop manufacturer's website and hope they have updated drivers (often NOT the case unless you like to settle for months old releases), or hunt for modified generic drivers on the web or even modify the driver .INF file yourself so the particular graphics solution in your laptop is recognized by the driver installer... (That last bit is a bit much to ask out of most people. :p)

I'd suggest you hit either Windows Update or Apple's Software Update utility and see if either of those offer a new driver for you.

3. Arni99 macrumors regular