Bootcamp Graphics Drivers ?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Washac, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

OK, I have setup Bootcamp again under Yosemite on a spare drive, and instead of blindly stumbling along with Windows stuff I do not profess to know not to much about, I will be asking some questins as they arise.

I have set it all up and all is working :)

I wish to make sure I have the best and most up to date graphics driver/drivers installed, so what would be the best program to use to do this ?

Graphics card I have in specs below.

Thanks.

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

No software necessary. Just go to the drivers+support section of AMD's website, select your operating system, and go from there.

3. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

4. macenied, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014

macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

I had some different experience with nVidia drivers on my older MacBook Pro ( mid 2010 ). The latest drivers provided by Apple work, the newer drivers from nVidia do not. So if you update to the most recent drivers provided by the GPU manufacturer, make sure you can go back to the Apple drivers if you need to.

5. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Strange. NVIDIA's website says the GeForce GT 300M series is supported by later drivers, but you might still need to modify the .inf file with the device ID for the GPU that the MBP specifically uses. I had to do the same thing back when I had a MBP with the infamous GeForce 8600M. NVIDIA has a habit of creating the same GPU with different IDs depending on the OEM or third-party manufacturer who's using that chipset.

This doesn't seem to be the case with AMD, as the latest reference and beta drivers install just fine on my Radeon 6770M.

6. bulldogg80 macrumors member

I have tried to install the new beta driver for my riMac, it don't work :( it refuse to install the new display driver, I have even tried to compley uninstalling the old driver in safe mode, before trying install the new driver no luck:(