Bootcamp having issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jamesking56, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Jamesking56 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have two issues with Bootcamp that I'd like some help with.

I have a Macbook Pro 13-inch 2010 model running Lion with the latest Bootcamp version.

I have installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit via bootcamp and given it 50GB of my harddrive space.

Unfortunately, two issues have risen.

The first one is that when I hold option as I power on my Macbook, it takes up to 2 minutes to show the select OS screen.

The second is that when the select OS finally appears, it shows 3 drives. Macintosh HD, WINDOWS and Recover HD...

What is Recover HD there for?

Any ideas how to resolve these issues?

2. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Recovery HD is a built in feature for lion, you boot to the recovery drive to reinstall the OS. Nothing to worry about on that front. As for the slow load speeds, what kind of drive are you using? is it the stock one that came with your laptop?

3. Jamesking56 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes its the original hdd that came inside my Macbook

4. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

I don't see the question here. Your question about the Recovery HD has been answered. It's created by Lion install, if you need to reinstall Lion you boot into this. As for the delay that's normal by using the hard drive it came with. Nothing you can do.

One way of switching to boot camp and to Lion is to use Startup Disk System Preferences panel. When in Windows there should be a Startup Disk (I think, it's install in XP) control panel to boot into Mac OS.

Hugh

5. Jamesking56 thread starter macrumors newbie

Why does my mac do this?

6. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

If your Mac is really taking 2mins to get the Boot Option then there's something wrong. What's wrong, I don't know, maybe (you don't have to do this) try to reformat your drive and reinstall everything. Other then that I can't help you, sorry. :(