Bootcamp HD not showing up on my desktop.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mcfields, Jun 13, 2009.

1. mcfields macrumors newbie

On my old macbook, I installed vista and everything worked fine. I just did that on my new macbook pro. It runs fine and all, but the Bootcamp HD isn't showing up on my desktop under my Macintosh HD. I went do disk utility and it verifiys the disk, but repair just does this:

[​IMG]

I try to mount the image, but it fails and wants me to try repairing, which as you see in the picture doesn't work. Any ideas?

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Run "chkdsk" under Windows, otherwise known as a disk check. You need to take care of the filesystem corruption under Windows before Mac OS X will permit you to mount the disk.

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I find it amusing that out of all the users on MR, "Bill Gates" helps out with a windows related issue :p

4. mac88 macrumors 6502

I was thinking the same thing. The best guy to answer the question.

5. ilkevinli macrumors 6502

ilkevinli

Did you go into the FINDER properties and make sure "Network Drive" is checked ?

6. mcfields thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I did this last night and it still isn't there. I'm getting the same error when I go to mount/repair the Bootcamp HD. Yes the network drive is checked under finder :/

7. mcfields thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I checked the ntfs-3g plugin to see if that had to do with anything. I disabled it and as soon as I did the bootcamp hard drive popped right up -_-. Reinstalled it so that I could drag and drop files. I rarely have problems with Macs, but when I do, they always have the simplest, silliest solutions. Thanks for the help.

8. greythorne, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011

greythorne macrumors regular

First of all apologies to resurrect an old thread.

Reason for this is that I am having a similar issues as the OP and tried the suggestions here but to no avail!

Refer to the attached.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am not being able to access the bootcamp partition with W7 Ultimate while in Mac OS X 10.6.6. The macbook pro is the mid-2010 13inch 2.4ghz with gfx 320M

The HD I am using is WD Scorpio Black 320gb without the motion sensor and Advanced Format.

Any idea what could be wrong here?

Thank you.

9. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Do you also have ntfs-3g installed? Or some other NTFS read/write driver like Paragon?

B

10. greythorne macrumors regular

Yes i have ntfs-3g installed.

11. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

So what exactly happens if you disable/uninstall it?

B

12. greythorne macrumors regular

Nothing happens when i disable it but i did uninstall it at one point but then do not remember seeing the bootcamp partition appearing on my desktop.

13. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Uninstall it, and reboot, and let's see where you are then.

B

14. greythorne macrumors regular

I uninstall, then reboot but I am still unable to access the bootcamp partition in Mac OS X 10.6.6.

15. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

OK. What does your disk look like in Disk Utility? Highlight the drive on the left column and switch to the Partition tab and post a screenshot.

It seems like you have the NTFS appears as FAT problem, but I just want to make sure. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=979951

B

16. greythorne macrumors regular

Ok here is the screenshot. The selected drive is the bootcamp partition.

[​IMG]

Its in MS-DOS. I have no idea where and how that came to be!!

Any idea how to change to NTFS without reinstalling?

17. chemantics macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem. And my screenshots looks exactly like yours. I am using a late 2010 11" MacBook Air, and have to have a windows partition for some scientific software. This problem is driving me nuts, because I know that the partition is NTFS since it shows up that way in Windows and Windows 7 can't install on anything but NTFS anyways. I have tried NTFS-3G on and off, with no luck. I did use rEEIt to install Windows 7 from USB, but can't see how that could cause the problem.