Bootcamp HD2600 driver

Discussion in 'iMac' started by frozenpeople, Feb 7, 2010.

1. frozenpeople macrumors newbie

Hi,

Before i installed windows 7 i had vista running in bootcamp. Apple bootcamp driver for the hd 2600, is a mobility driver. But i found a way to install the hd2600 pro driver. Now i want to update my graphic card with the latest hd2600 pro driver, but it just doesnt work. Does someone knows how to upgrade my mobility hd2600 xt into a hd2600 pro in bootcamp windows 7?

2. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

Mobility Modder on the latest Catalyst drivers. BTW the HD2600 is a downclocked XT model (better then the Pro version).

3. frozenpeople thread starter macrumors newbie

I dunno what i did wrong but i already tryed the modder and it didnt work :s
    Any idea what i did wrong? Its says there is a wrong service installation section in the inf.

4. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

I know that under XP I had to go into control panel ---> System---> Hardware Profiles and attach the modded driver manually (worked fine) ignoring the digital signature warning. Windows 7 manual install instructions.

5. frozenpeople thread starter macrumors newbie

I mod the driver, and tryed to install the way the tutorial says, and still it doesnt work. And still i have to same error about the inf file. But thnx for the fast response:)