Bootcamp HDD question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EstrlM3, Oct 18, 2010.

1. EstrlM3 macrumors 6502

If I install windows 7 on a partition with 20GB am i able to access my Mac partition while im in windows? Can i save a file from windows onto my mac partition side?

Would it change anything if I was running Parallels or VMWare?

I would like to be able to save a file off of a cd while i'm in windows onto my mac side. does this make sense?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

You can see the Mac partition in windows, but not write to it. Why don't you just save the file from the CD while in OS X? You should be able to do that in Fusion or Parallels though.

3. EstrlM3 thread starter macrumors 6502

My issue is i want to use a windows only program so i need to be in wondows when accessing the files. what are my other options?

USB 2.0 external drive plugged in while in windows?

The reason i'm asking is because i don't know if I need to make the windows partition 80GB or i could make it 15-20GB if i'm able to access outside partitions for storage.

Im gonna need around 50GB free on the windows side for (temporary) files, but i don't want to make the partition 80GB if i don't have to.

4. EstrlM3 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. toxic macrumors 68000

you might be able to read...I think the latest Boot Camp allows it, at least on Windows 7. if you want to write, I think you need MacDrive.

6. EstrlM3 thread starter macrumors 6502