Bootcamp help for Leopard OS

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gibsonizer616, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Gibsonizer616 macrumors newbie

Okay, so I'm trying to run Windows XP Professional through Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro with a Leopard OS.
    Everything is working fine, I've successfully partitioned 5 GBs of my hard-drive to run windows, it takes me through set up and everything runs smoothly up until the point when it says it's going to restart my computer and windows set up will continue running afterwards.
    My computer restarts, but it takes me back to the original set up as though I hadn't just copied all the files and done this entire set up process already. What am I supposed to do? Please help.

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

two points:

Firstly, you MUST re-format the partition during the XP installation process or it won't boot.

Secondly, if you hold down OPT (Alt) on boot it'll allow you to choose between the mounted CD, OS X and Windows (provided you reformatted) to boot from.

hope this helps

3. Gibsonizer616 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, so windows is up and running now (thank you SO much) and everything is wonderful and beautiful with a few exceptions that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

1. I'm running this on a laptop and windows does not register any kind of speakers on my computer so I have no sound output, even though I have the built-in speakers fully functioning in Leopard mode.

2. Windows also doesn't seem to be registering my internet, even though it registers and runs perfectly in Leopard mode. I try to set up a network but it just refuses to acknowledge that my internet connection actually exists.

3. This is a question actually, how do I partition more space to my Windows disk space? It doesn't seem to be letting me.

I really didn't want to be running windows on this computer but the way things went I kind of need these things to be running, and at this point I feel like punting my computer out the window if it weren't so expensive...

Again, please help, it would be very much appreciated.
    Seriously, I'm already naming my firstborn after the first guy who helped me.