Bootcamp help please

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Willlll_black, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Willlll_black macrumors newbie

Willlll_black

Hi there everyone

Everytime I try install Windows on my Mac I can't partition it correctly. I got Windows installed twice but it didn't partition correctly, I can't get the Windows to install on the right partition.
    It used the whole disk not the partition I created. I think this is because I clean the whole disk during the install. Really I don't know what I'm talking about, just trying to get Windows on my Mac and be able to use both. It either installs all Windows or I can't install Windows because the disk isn't gpt or something.
    If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it so much and be very thankful for anything
    If someone was to somehow help me and it worked I would be willing to pay
    Thanks for your time

2. Tehfez macrumors member

When you run the BootCamp Setup Assistant, it should ask you to create a USB/DVD with drivers, and size the partition of your Bootcamp drive. When your computer restarts into the Windows installer, you should be presented with the normal setup. In the list of drives for installation, you should see the "BOOTCAMP" volume. Typically this volume is not formatted correctly, so you will need to select it, and then click "New". Once you have done that, you should be able to click Format and it will format the drive for Windows installation.