Bootcamp Help Please!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by IanHarold, Mar 27, 2009.

1. IanHarold macrumors newbie

im trying to install windows, probably my first mistake. well i partitioned my hard drive, for only 5 gigs to see if the disc i had would even work since its a dell install disc. well it will install it which is great but now it where the problem comes in....i want to load os x so i can departition and then repartition for a bigger space....BUT it must install windows first...then i just decide ill install windows, uninstall it departition then repartition....but when i try to install i choose the 5.7 gigs that were originally partitioned it says its cant because its not ntfs...and now i cant load os x, when i shut down and restart it loads the disc and when i take the disc out and restart it says no bootable device found insert disc (obviously meaning windows) it wont even load when i put in the os x disc....PLEASE HELP!!!

2. Quasiperfectto macrumors member

Window products are not compatible with Apple products

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Slow down. Say everything again more slowly, please. You can't even use your computer's restore disks?

Uh, yes they are, using Boot Camp. This is what the OP is using.

4. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Um if you wanting to get to boot of the OS X cd, hold the option key and it will give you the option boot of what ever bootable drive it finds.

I don't think you can resize a boot camp partition on the fly once it's created. Unless anyone else can confirm this?

5. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

Correct, you'll have to erase the partition using boot camp assistant and make a new larger one.