BootCamp help

Discussion in 'iMac' started by schrobro08, Mar 26, 2013.

1. schrobro08 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I'm having all sorts of issues with getting windows 7 installed through bootcamp. I have the late 2012 imac 27 inch fusion i7 16 gigs of ram 680gtx. I downloaded the latest bootcamp drivers to my usb after i re-formated it. Partitioned the drive 200 gig windows 700 gigs mac. It restarts and then i get this error screen, "non-system disk.(see photo below) Press any key to reboot." which of course is unresponsive. I hard reset with the Option held into boot back into mac. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. Please, any help would be appreciated. I have a unopened copy of Bioshock Infinite waiting for me :)

Attached Files:

2. bill phillips macrumors regular

its very touchy, had the same problems myself, u have to shut it down, boot back up without the usb in, then plug the usb in once your computers back on, try that and let me know if that helps

3. schrobro08 thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: working!

Thanks for the response. I didn't see it til now but you are absolutely right. I actually just started over but this time i took the usb out that had the drivers on it when I partitioned the memory. If you don't, The system gets confused and doesn't know which one to use to boot. Computer booted right up into windows 7 finally after days of headache. Also Bioshock Infinite is amazing.

4. bill phillips macrumors regular

good glad to hear it man, glad it didnt take you as long as it took me, i was ready to kill lol....enjoy!