BootCamp Help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NTNL, Apr 5, 2014.

1. NTNL macrumors newbie

I've only got 120GB on Macintosh HD and when I partition it to install Windowws 7, there's barely any space left...

I have a 320GB External Hard Drive I don't know if that'll do anything can someone tell me how I can keep both Mac + Windows 7 and have some free space so I can store files and stuff?

2. tmanok macrumors newbie

tmanok

The problem I'm getting out of your situation is that your previously partitioned Mac just for Mac before bootcamp, already had a large collection of files and etcs to begin with. You can always try something to clean out your computer, but I doubt it will make a large difference.... You can however buy another hard drive and put it in to replace the 120GBs HDD.... I personally would sort through my files when I get free time and use Onyx, or if you don't care about your apps Clean My Mac. I recommend you never use Clean My Mac because it's bad for the Hard Drive.... Onyx can be downloaded from here:https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11582/onyx

-Tmanok :)

3. IlikeMacsSoMuch, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014

IlikeMacsSoMuch macrumors 6502

Are there any files on your OSX partition that you don't use when you go out with your laptop? Because, you could move these files or folders on your external hdd and free some needed space. But Windows 7 in itself will take a lot of space, so you would either need to free a lot of space or change your internal drive with a bigger one. Is your mac a macbook air? Because I don't think you can upgrade those flash drive.

Go to the OWC website and with your Mac model you will find if you can upgrade it they even have tutorials on how to do so if you don't already know.