Bootcamp Help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Wiess, May 23, 2014.

1. Wiess macrumors newbie

Okay, so I've been trying to get this to work for about 10 hours now and i am completely frustrated.

Im trying to install windows 8.1 pro onto my Macbook Pro Mid 2012 and have tried about 20 times with different techniques. I made it as far as getting into the windows installation on choosing a drive on where to install to. So i click the book camp partition and click format but it just goes back to the way it is and i can't continue the installation saying that it needs a different format or something. So then i logged back in to the OS X and tried to create a partition within disk utilities and yet I still get the same error. All of this was done with an .iso image transferred onto a USB so i figured id try to burn a DVD copy of it and start over. So i burned a copy of the windows .iso to the DVD, got the bootcamp utilities prepared on the USB and continued. Except this time it only made it to the initial windows logo in the centre of the screen, it stays there for a few min with what it seems like nothing is happening, then a blue error screen comes up. I don't know what to do anymore and am completely lost, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. p3ntyne macrumors 6502

p3ntyne

I also had similar issues when installing windows on my Mid 2012 MBP. I then tried installing it manually and it worked.

I first created a bootable flash drive, created the necessary partition then plugged in the flash drive and booted the computer, holding option, and selected the disk labeled "Windows". Then, it should work.

3. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio